thecutestblogontheblock.com

Saturday, August 4, 2007

Maths Competition

Today,was the Mathematics Competition which was organised by Maths Society in collaboration with Actuarial Science Society. Over hundreds of students from different schools and universities participated in the event. As a member of both societies, I voluntered as a helper for the Sponsorship Session in the event. There was altogether 4 sessions. Although I was tired, I enjoy it cos this was the first time I took part in such a event even though as a helper since stepping into my university life.
So, I have to wake up early on a saturday morning (around 6 am) cos the chairman asked us to gather at 7.30am sharp.The competition starts at 10am. It was an hour competition. As a helper for the Sponsorship,my job was to collect the coupon from the partipants so that there can have their lunch. While another of my coursemate distribute the food to them. There was 3 rooms which was occupied as a eating place. One is for the VIP and the other 2 rooms is for the participants. Each room has 3 helpers. The lunch time was 11pm -12pm. But, by 12.10pm ,we have already tidy up the room that we're in charge of and even arranged back the chairs and tables. Fast speed hor~ hehe... After all the tidying and cleaning , it's time for us to have our lunch. Although there were food reserved for helpers,I prefer to eat something which is warm since the sponsor food was already cold. Thus, my friend and I ordered our lunch in canteen.
Guess what?! The winner of the competition was a form 5 student. Almost everyone was admiring and praising that form guy for defeating university's students who took part in the competition. The prize was a one thousand cheque with a certificate. My coursemate who partcitipated in the event was the first runner up. I went back at around 1.30pm since I've done my job. I hope to volunteered again in some other events next time. Haha..

No comments: