thecutestblogontheblock.com

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Quake felt in my condo

It's happening again. I can feel it. My whole body is shaking and it's making me dizzy. The ceiling fan is swinging too. Oh, earthquake hits Indonesia again. No wonder my condo is shaking and its shaking so obvious. It must be a tremendous earthquake in Indonesia , I guess. And it proved that I'm right when I read the news in Star newspaper through online last night after I felt that my condo was shaking. It was a 7.9 earthquake! And the whole KL is experincing such tremors. Suddenly, it reminds me of the tsunami which happened 3 years ago at the seaside of Penang. Thousands were sacrificed. I think no one would ever forget that drastic moment especially those who manage to survive from it.

Last night, around 7.15pm, while I was watching a drama through my laptop, I began to feel that my body seems to be shaking. I thought it was my illusion. So, I asked my housemates whether they have the same feeling. And it proved that it wasn't my illusion after all. This was the second time that I experinced such tremors. The first time was a few years ago, at my home. But, it wasn't so obvious that time. However, last night was really apparent. The ceiling fan was shaking so obviously that it seems like going to fall. So, I quickly run away from my sit coz I was sitting exactly under the fan. Haha... The tremor lasted for about 15 minutes. After that, everything was back to normal. While I thought the tremors were really gone, it happened again this morning at around 8am. The building is shaking again. One of my housemate who is sleeping was suddenly awaken by this tremors. He claim that he can feel his bed "moving ". At first, he thought that his bed was going to " collapse" due to depreciation ( things depreciate after a number of years of using ) . After knowing that it was the effect of earthquake, then was he relieved a bit. Haha... Thus, the tremors which just happened this morning is my third experience. Earthquake really is a disaster.

No comments: