thecutestblogontheblock.com

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

My 1st baked cake



It's a rainy day today. I love raining especially in the evening. This morning my ex-college friend come find me cos he wants me sign some document. We chat for around an hour plus.

Later in the noon, I decided to try to bake a cake instead of steaming. I never bake cake b4. Afer searching for the suitable recipe, I decided to make fruit cheese pound cake. It is better to start with an easier recipe for a first timer. Actually, the recipe was a Prune Cheese Pound Cake. But, there was not enough prunes so I decided to add in some cranberries and raisins. After mixing all the ingredients, finally it's time to bake. Tik..tok..tik...tok...there goes the sound of the oven. Dingggg~~~~ Finally, my cake is ready. To my surprise, it was a SUCCESS! To be honest, I think it is better than my steamed cake. I mean the appearance. The texture is same for both style. XD The surface of my steamed cake is always not that smooth and I can't figure the reason. Anyway, I'm so satisfied with my cake. :)

No comments: